Những điểm nổi bật của Manley Jumbo Shrimp®-Pre-Amplifiers:
Jumbo Shrimp is said to feature a very short, non-inverting minimalist signal path. Tubes used are: 2 x Electro-Harmonix 12AT7 input, 2 x GE USA 5670 driver, and 2 x GE JAN NOS 7044 output. The speciality is the White Follower driver stage (instead of the standard Cathode Follower) using the 5670 dual triodes to drive all passive interstage circuits: volume, balance and output stages are controlled by the Follower regardless of control settings. The coupling caps are MIT/Multicap PPMF polypropylene caps, including the two heavy 30μF caps at the output.
>>Xem thêm: Phono Stages Hi-end Manley Chinook
In addition to the Remora Remote control system, an additional White Follower buffer stage was engineered into the Jumbo Shrimp to better drive the volume control. This fortunately resulted in greatly increased headroom and significantly reduced distortion in the whole unit. It is a big improvement besides being convenient.
Thông số kỹ thuật dòng âm thanh hi-end Pre-amplifiers Hi-end Manley Jumbo Shrimp:
- Very short, simple minimalist signal path. All-tube design. 2 x 12AT7 input, 2 x 5670 driver, and 2 x 7044 output.
- Signal path furnishes very high dynamic range with prodigious input and output signal headroom.
- Signal path also delivers high bandwidth, low noise, modest local negative feedback and low distortion, and is voiced for best musical performance.
- Radio-Frequency based remote command of the silicon-free high-quality motorized VOLUME attenuator set, for infinitely resolvable control of listening levels. No need to "point" the remote in any direction. Now the Shrimp's attenuator set can be controlled from another nearby room, through walls, floors and doors, and through opaque equipment closet or cabinet doors too!
- Dedicated White Follower stage using the 5670 dual triodes effortlessly drives all passive interstage circuits; volume, balance and output stages receive crisp instruction from the Follower regardless of control settings.
- Generous energy storage via large power supply capacitors for more impact in the bass.
- No global feedback makes the Shrimp very fast sounding.
- Non-inverting two-triode gain stage is direct-coupled for most pure signal path.
- Cool White-follower output stage provides low 50 Ohm output impedance. This is much better than a boring plain ol' cathode follower. The Shrimp can drive anything, not to worry.
- Filament supply floated 80V above chassis ground for quieter operation and longer tube life.
- ALPS audiophile-grade balance and motorized VOLUME pots. We use the nice parts in here!
- MIT/MultiCap polypropylene audiophile-grade signal coupling capacitors, including two 30 uF monsters on the output stages.
- Warm-up delay / MUTE button. Features and quality components usually not found on entry-level pieces.
- Gain: Internal DIP switches select 45dB or 60dB
- Deviation from RIAA curve: Less than ± 0.5 dB from 20Hz to 20kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than ±1dB from 10Hz to 100kHz.
- Distortion (THD+N) (47k Ohm Input Termination, 45dB gain, 1kHz sine, 0dBu output): Typical 0.010% THD+N, into 100k Ohm load, BW = 100Hz-22kHz
- Distortion (THD+N) (47k Ohm Input Termination, 45dB gain, 1kHz sine, 0dBu output): Typical 0.030% THD+N, into 600 Ohm load, BW = 100Hz-22kHz
- Dynamic Range (MM input, Gain set to 45db, 200 Ohm source): 91dB @ 1kHz, 0.1% THD+N, BW = 22Hz-22kHz
- Dynamic Range (MM input, Gain set to 45db, 200 Ohm source): 107dB @ 1kHz, 1.0% THD+N, BW = 22Hz-22kHz
- Noise Floor at 45dB gain setting with shorted input: -84 dBu, A-weighted
- Noise Floor at 60dB gain setting with shorted input: -75 dBu, A-weighted
- Maximum Input at 45dB gain setting with 20 Ohm Source Z @ 1kHz into 10 kOhm load: 250mV RMS = +34.5 dBu @ 1% THD+N BW=22Hz-22kHz
- Maximum Input at 60dB gain setting with 20 Ohm Source Z @ 1kHz into 10 kOhm load: 40mV RMS = +34.2 dBu @ 1% THD+N BW=22Hz-22kHz
- Maximum Output: +37dBu @ 1kHz, 1.5% THD+N into 100 kOhm load
- Output Impedance: 91 Ohms
- Minimum Recommended Load: 2500 Ohms
- Internal Power Supply: Fully regulated linear B+, Heater, and control voltage rails.
- Operating Mains Voltage: Units are built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC as indicated on the serial number badge.
- Power Consumption in Standby mode: 1 Watt (8.0mA @ 120VAC)
- Power Consumption: 42 Watts (345mA @ 120VAC)
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~60Hz
- Power Transformer: Toroid contruction for low radiation.
- Mains Fuse for 100V operation: 600mA SLO-BLO size 5mm x 20mm
- Mains Fuse for 117V-120V operation: 500mA SLO-BLO size 5mm x 20mm
- Mains Fuse for 220V-240V operation: 250mA SLO-BLO size 5mm x 20mm
- Standby Transformer Fuse for all voltage operation 100V-240V: 10mA, SLO-BLO, MDL type size 1/4" x 1 1/4"
- Badge Lamp: LED illumination
- Dimensions: W=19", L=11", H=3 1/2"
- Shipping Weight: 15 Lbs.